On Sunday, June 15, we celebrate Father’s Day in the US.
When my children were little, I made sure to get my husband a card (or have the kids make one). I would get my husband something I thought he might like—barbecue utensils, Best Dad ball caps or t-shirts, or whatever the stores convinced me would be the perfect gift. He would always get cards from the kids and one from me to thank him for being my baby daddy.
One year, I mentioned to one of my co-workers that I was going to get a Father’s Day card on my way home. This co-worker, a father and grandfather who had become a mentor to me, looked me straight in the eyes. “You know, Chris, there is only one thing a man really wants for Father’s Day, and it isn’t a card.” Really? He was about to impart some wisdom and let me know the perfect, must-have gift. I was ready to mentally take notes. I asked him what men wanted.
“Sex. All men want for Father’s Day is sex. Even if they always want sex, sex on Father’s Day means something different. When you have kids, it’s easy to put them first a lot—and sex on Father’s Day reminds a man that he’s more important to you than the kids are. It shows him that he’s still a virile, desirable man to you. It says that his being a father doesn’t mean he isn’t still your lover. Trust me. That’s all he wants.”
Huh. Who knew?
If you and your husband are parents, you will likely look for some way to honor the occasion.
No matter what else you do to celebrate, plan on doing something sexual for your husband for Father’s Day.
To make it a true gift, go at least one step further than you usually do:
- You be the one to initiate. (In fact, surprise him with an early morning wake-up.)
- Wear sexy lingerie.
- Start with a strip tease.
- Give him some oral sex as part of your foreplay or even as the main event.
- Suggest a different position.
- Touch yourself sexually.
- Tell your husband you want him using words that you know he will enjoy.
- Turn the lights on (or do it during broad daylight with sunshine streaming through the window).
- Have a quickie when the kids are actually in the house and awake.
- Tease your husband throughout the day. Use subtle sexual innuendos. Eat your food suggestively when your husband is watching you. Flash him and wiggle your backside when no one else can see.
- Invite him to watch you while you take something out of the oven or load the dishwasher.
- Take a shower together.
- After the kids go to bed, wear something very low cut or tight.
- If your husband has asked for something new in bed, let this be the day you do it.
Give your husband what he wants. Give more than you usually do. Make it a true gift from your heart.
For Father’s Day, give the very best gift. Do your baby daddy.
Image courtesy of Stuart Miles / FreeDigitalPhotos.net