I have been overwhelmed by your generosity. You don’t even know me, yet you have reached into your pockets so I can further pursue this writing ministry. I have been moved by every single donation. Several of the donations have moved me to tears.
Although I did not hit my fund-raising target, God has used you to provide enough for me to go. My flight was less expensive than I had anticipated, and the wonderful Bonny Burns has invited me to stay with her at the hotel. (I hope she will still be my friend after she experiences my morning grumpiness.)
I will still need to cover some incidentals, but if I get no more donations at this point, I will be okay. I was even able to register for the pre-conference sessions.
I leave for She Speaks next week (Wednesday), so at this point I am asking you to pray for me.
- My anxiety. We have some major financial processes in play in our family. It’s the kind of stuff that creates a lot of stress and has many unknowns that may come to pass fairly quickly or even when I’m at the conference. My anxiety about that is pretty high and is distracting me from other things I need to be doing.
- Writing! I need to make major headway on a couple writing projects before I leave, including a book proposal for one of several book ideas I’ve been puttering around with.
- Self-doubt. I’ve been filled with questions about whether I can really do what I’ve been thinking God has been telling me to do. I’m questioning myself and my understanding of God’s will for me. A recent writing experience reminded me very clearly that God is with me in writing, and I would love to keep the self-doubt at bay.
- Health. My sinus problems are acting up, and I’d rather they give me a break.
- Making a living. For the past six months, I have been working from home, writing, exploring, and planning while taking care of my family. We have come to the realization that I need to contribute to the family’s income again. Although I’d love to get, say, a $20,000 book advance, it’s a lot more likely that my income contribution will need to come in the form of a job. I have not found a right fit yet, either to return to my former career or to jump into a new one.
- Heart Craving. Bonny and I launched Heart Craving late last fall but have not been able to move forward with it due to major life issues we both encountered. Next week, we will be able to sit down, face to face, and work on our shared endeavor.
- Travel. I don’t love flying, and I really don’t love going through airport security—despite the fact that I will be flying out of an airport with a Recombobulation Area where you can put yourself back together again.
If you want to pray for some good hair days for me, well, I wouldn’t mind that, either. 🙂
Despite everything going on, I’m so excited! I can hardly wait to give Bonny a real-life hug. I feel like I’ve known her my whole life. And we’ll have dinner with Gaye, too, which will also be awesome.
I love the unique energy of women, and I’m looking forward to soaking in the presence of God amidst all that energy.
God’s provision for me, through you, has humbled me.
Thank you all so much for the gifts of your donations and prayers. I am truly grateful.
Image courtesy of thepathtraveler / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
I am overwhelmed and quite humbled by your generosity. Since I posted this yesterday, you have stepped forward and helped me hit my target. I cannot begin to express my gratitude. Thank you so very, very much.
Keep the prayers going, too. I have been feeling God’s presence so strongly. If you’d like to pray for Bonny, too, you can read her post here.